Department of Pediatric Cardiology; is a science that deals with congenital / acquired heart diseases starting from fetal (prenatal) period including neonates, infants, adolescents and even young adulthood periods and undertakes diagnosis, follow-up and treatment.
Diagnosis and Treatment Techniques in Pediatric Cardiology
The following examination and treatment methods can be applied in the Pediatric Cardiology Department of our clinic.
- Child ECG
- Pediatric Echocardiography and Color Doppler Application (Heart Ultrasound)
- 24 Hour Rhythm Holter
- 24 Hour Blood Pressure Holter
- Effort Test (Exercise ECG, Treadmill Test)
- Cardiovascular Angiography Procedures
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
Symptoms of Heart Disease in Children
- Heart murmur
- Chest pain
When to Apply to the Department of Pediatric Cardiology?
- In order to control the early diagnosis and treatment of heart diseases in newborn and early infants, without waiting for complaints or findings,
- If a murmur is heard during the examination,
- In case of complaints about heart diseases such as chest pain, palpitation, fainting, fatigue, bruising,
- Investigation of the possibility of heart rheumatism in cases such as joint pain / swelling, redness,
- Fever and rash lasting more than 5 days, redness in the hands and feet, redness and cracking of lips etc.
- Screening in terms of heart disease before sport participation and checking if active sport is performed at least once a year,
- If there is a history of congenital heart disease in the family, it is necessary to consult the pediatric cardiology department (including but not limited to the above).