Endocrinology is a science that deals with the internal secretory glands in our body, the functions of these glands and the hormones they secrete. Hormones are secretions that control reproduction, metabolism, growth and development. Endocrinologists diagnose, monitor and treat hormone imbalance and problems caused by this imbalance.
The secretory glands that make up the endocrine system are the hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, pancreas, ovaries (ovaries in women, testes in men), adrenal gland, adipose tissue and endothelial cells.
In the Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, the diagnosis and treatment of diabetes, goiter disease, bone resorption, adrenal gland diseases, menstrual irregularities, hair growth, obesity and sex hormones are performed.
Areas of diagnosis and treatment:
• Diabetes Mellitus
• Thyroid Gland Diseases (Goiter, Hyper/Hypothyroidism, Thyroid Cancer)
• Metabolic Syndrome
• Hypothalamus and Pituitary Diseases (Growth Hormone, Prolactin, ACTH and Cortisol, Antidiuretic Hormone Diseases)
• Adrenal Gland Diseases (Adrenal Insufficiency, Cushing’s Disease, Aldosterone Hormone Disorders)
• Metabolic Bone Diseases (Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia, Paget’s Disease)
• Cholesterol Disorders
• Hirsutism (Hair)
• Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
• Testicular And Ovarian Dysfunctions (Hypogonadism, Infertility, Sexual Dysfunctions, Sexual Development Disorders)